Origin Approach: Colombia 2019
- Dates: September 23-28, 2019
- Optional extra: tourism days
- Price: 700 euro
- Included: conference ticket, hotel during conference days, local transport, food
- Not included: flight tickets, travel insurance, visa, vaccines, hotel outside of conference days etc
- Location: Antioquia, Colombia
- Stay up to date on news on our facebook page
Ever wanted to go on an origin trip?
This event brings together roasters, retailers, producers and local coffee scientists. Learn from experts on the latest trends on how specialty coffee is produced, processed and traded in Colombia. The event is organized with a mix of lectures, cuppings, field trips, panel discussions, and practical activities. Topics such as cultivars coffee processing and production, economics at producer level and sustainability will be covered… with a focus on the Colombian context.
We believe a smart and creative way to foster our industry and community is through experiences and education about sustainable quality production and supply chain. That’s why we have created a space to talk, cup and discuss to raise awareness of our actions and the impact we make as actors in this industry. And what better way is there than to experience this together with producers and experts in origin.
Detailed program tba. Some topics we will cover are:
- Colombia’s coffee sector: history, evolution, coffee regions, supply chain.
- Genetic improvement and selection of varieties for improve leaf rust resistance, cup profile and yield.
- Coffee and Climate change
- Improvements in the coffee processing: less consumption/energy and water
- Market: pricing of coffee
- Coffee consumption in Colombia: status of specialty coffee and traditional consumption
- Current productivity and quality opportunities for Colombia
Read more about Nordic Approach’s work in Colombia.
Practical Information about Colombia
Conference location: tba
Distance from airport to conference area: 4 hours (to be organised by us)
Currency: Colombian peso
Food: Local fresh food. Please let us know through email if you have any allergies ahead of time.
Timezone: UTC -5
Cellphone service:Visa: remember to check with your country the Visa requirements to travel to Colombia.
Vaccine: check if you require to get any vaccine when traveling to Colombia.