Dates: 11 – 14th of February
Optional extra: 15th – 18th of February (tourism days)
Price: 700 euro
Location: San Jose and Terrazu, Costa Rica
Disclaimer: It is our intention to adhere to the route and travel times described, but flexibility is built into the itinerary and it may be necessary to make alterations. Due to our style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable.
Exclusions from the tour rate:
- Travel and medical claim insurance, and expenses incurred during emergency situation or evacuation.
- Visa and vaccinations (if required, check!)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telecom, etc.
- Assistance at the airport on departure.
- All bank charges when receiving payments.
- Some of beverages during the trip.
Early travel questions:
- Language: Tour in English; many bilingual services. Local language is Spanish.
- Visas: generally not required for < 90-day stays. Check with your country.
- Money: US$ at ATMs; credit cards accepted.
- Internet: Prepaid SIM cards cheap and available.
- What to pack: San José and coffee regions are cool: bring a light sweater, boots and a rain jacket. The Caribbean is hot and humid: bring a bathing suit, sandals, and sunglasses. Bring a day pack.
Cancellations: no cancellations, you should get travel insurance in case something occurs.
Emergencies: If you need to contact us in an emergency, best to first call our local number +50622971351 (San Jose 09:00-18:00 Local Time). After hours: +50684402788. We recommend that you have access to ~US$200 as an ’emergency’ fund, to be used when circumstances outside our control require a change to our planned route. Not expected.
Restrictions and Fitness Level: You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
An average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake this tour. Travelers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, and carry their own luggage at a minimum.
Travel Insurance: Appropriate travel insurance is compulsory to participate in this tour. Evidence of travel insurance policy with the following minimum criteria will be requested ahead of the trip:
- Overseas medical and dental expenses;
- Coverage of USD 200,000 for repatriation and 24-hour emergency assistance/rescue;
- Personal liability;
- Pre-trip cancellation, trip interruption and travel delay; and
- Loss of baggage and personal effects.